Be World Class Conference 2011
» 4 hours of insights and inspiration from truly world class speakers.
"What an inspiring day, what a great bunch of guys - thank you for an outstanding day and a very important one for me." - Richard Bosworth, Managing Director.
"Yesterday was a super day - I′m so pleased I managed to attend the conference. There was something in every speaker′s presentation that I could draw from, and practically use every day in both work and personal life. I enjoyed hearing the various journeys, some being very inspirational and demonstrating staggering determination and resilience." - Christine Balford. The Entrepreneurs Forum.
"I knew it would be good, but I didn′t expect it to be that good! It was World Class." - Justin Perkins. The Professionals Partnership.
...is it that differentiates truly World Class organisations and individuals from the rest?
...the key elements that underpin World Class performance.
...from the experiences of World Class performers & leaders of World Class organisations, and discover the secrets to their enduring success.
The speakers have been drawn from a diverse range of fields, from Olympic sport, business, cuisine and adventure. Each has something unique to offer.
Their experiences can help us all become World Class.
Simon Hartley, Sport Psychologist & Performance Coach... on being world class.
Chris Cook, Double Olympian and Double Gold Medallist... on talent.
Bruce Duncan, World Leading Adventure Racer... on mental toughness.
Kenny Atkinson, Twice Michelin Starred Chef... on standards.
James Hoffmann, World Barista Champion... on the finest details.
Keir Worth, Head of Performance @ England Squash... on staying ahead.
Steve McNicol, Managing Partner... on striving to be world class.
The World Class speakers...
Simon Hartley - on being world class
- World class sport psychologist and performance coach.
- Over 15 years' experience coaching world-record holders, top 5 ranked professional athletes, multiple gold medallists, Olympians and championship winning teams.
- Author of Peak Performance Every Time, and currently writing his second book, entitled Be World Class.
Chris Cook - GB Olympic Swimmer
- Chris is a gold medal-winning 100m breaststroke swimmer.
- Olympic finalist in Beijing 2008.
- 7th fastest man in history in his event and one of only a handful to swim the event in under 60 seconds.
- Two Gold medals and a Silver medal at the Commonwealth Games in 2006.
- Commonwealth record holder.
- Bronze medallist in the World Championships in 2006 and Bronze medallist in the European Championships of 2004.
Bruce Duncan - Adventure Racer & Captain of Team GB
- Captained Team GB to 3 consecutive victories in the 600km Wenger Patagonian Expedition Race, the world's toughest team race.
- Represented Great Britain in Orienteering and Mountain Bike Orienteering.
- In April 2011 he was the FIRST ever to complete The Epic Tri, a mammoth 6 day endurance challenge.
James Hoffmann - World Barista Champion
- World Barista Champion in 2007 and then coached the World Champions of 2008 and 2009.
- Won the UK Barista Championships twice in consecutive years.
- Co-founded Square Mile Coffee Roasters one of the world's most respected coffee roasters.
Kenny Atkinson - Michelin Starred Chef
- Awarded two Michelin stars and is currently working on a third.
- Twice been a winner of The BBC television series 'The Great British Menu'.
- Named Chef of the Year 2009 at The Cateys, the catering industry's most fiercely competed awards.
Keir Worth - Head of Performance at England Squash
- In 2011, England had three top ten ranked players in both the men's and women's game, including the coveted men's number one.
- In the last 15 years, England Squash teams have won 5 World Team Championships, had 4 world number 1s, won 29 of the 30 European Championships and topped the Commonwealth Games medal table.